Monday, August 30, 2010

TRANSFORMING A COOKIE-CUTTER PEACOCK INTO A WORK OF ART @ILUMA

The new urban shopping centre, known as Iluma, especialy with its illuminating facade, on Victoria Street, is undoubtedly a very artsy place. [Please refer to my earlier blogpost.]

To increase shopper traffic, there is even an air-conditioned overhead pedestrain bridge from the perennially busy Bugis Junction shopping mall.

While visiting the place on Saturday afternoon with my wife, sister-in-law & niece from Vietnam, following our earlier forays into Bugis Junction, I noticed a reasonably large array of beautiful peacock concortions, plus other hand-crafted artefacts, put on open display by arts students, in conjunction with Singapore's 45th National Day Celebrations.

Naturally, they piqued my interest. Here are some of my snapshots.











[More information about Iluma is available at their corporate website.]

No comments:

Post a Comment