Saturday, October 23, 2010

TODAY'S Q2P (QUESTION TO PONDER)

What are my values?

Are my values in alignment with the four core human drives (i.e. to acquire, bond, learn, and defend)?

Are our values as strong as our profits?

Is there a gap between our stated values and or operating values?

What is our organization's culture?

Are my coworkers aware of the importance of their work?

How true are the stories we tell?

Are job performance measures aligned with our organization's goals?

How can we outrun the competition?

Why is it my job to explore the unexplored?

How would I feel if this issue made the front page of the newspaper?

Am I decision maker or a goal achiever?

Am I leading into the future or managing the present?

What is my guiding question?

Is our organization asking the right question?

Who will be my successor?

How do I hire someone who will excel in our organization's culture?

[Source: 'Just Ask Leadership: Why Great Managers Always Ask the Right Questions', by Gary Cohen;]

No comments:

Post a Comment